What Is A Good Dog Personality?
A good dog personality is one which makes your life easier. If you have a friendly dog, it will make your life easier because they are always there for you. They don’t bark at everything or get mad when something happens. Your life would be so easy if only dogs were like that!
But what does a happy dog look like? What do all those fluffy pictures on the Internet show us?
Dog Personality Test Checklist:
1. Do they have a friendly face?
2. Are their eyes bright and expressive?
3. Does their tail wag back and forth when they walk?
4. How much do they jump up and down when you pet them?
5. Do they lick your hand when you pet them?
6. Do they give kisses on the nose?
7. Do they nuzzle your neck when you pet them?
8. Can you tell what color their fur is by touching it?
9. How often do they yawn and snore loudly while sleeping?
10. When you hold their paw, how firm is it? (Check)
11. How much do they like eating? (Check)
12. How much do they love the smell of food? (Check)
13. Are their eyes a bit glazed over when you pet them? (Check)
14. Do they place their ears to the side when you pet them? (Check)
15. Do their eyes slightly roll back into their head when you pet them? (Check)
16. Are they so cute that you can’t stop petting them? (Check)
17. Do they like eating grass and other plants? (Check)
18. Do their ears perk up when they see food? (Check)
19. How much do they like sniffing the ground? (Check)
20. How much do you like petting their face? (Check)
21. Does their tongue hang out of their mouth while they pant? (Check)
22. How much do they like sniffing other animals? (Check)
23. How much do they cuddle up with you? (Check)
24. Do they have a high-pitched voice? (Check)
25. Do they seem to be smiling? (Check)
26. Does their fur feel soft and fluffy? (Check)
27. Do they seem very clean and hygienic? (Check)
28. How much do they like being petted? (Check)
29. How much do they like being scratched? (Check)
30. Do they seem to have a very good nature? (Check)
31. Do they like sleeping next to you? (Check)
32. Do they seem to enjoy life in general? (Check)
33. Do they have a shiny coat? (Check)
34. Do they have a fluffy tail? (Check)
35. Do they seem to have a nice fur texture? (Check)
36. How much do you love their face? (Check)
37. Do they seem to have a very happy life? (Check)
38. Are they so happy and contented that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
39. Do they seem very keen and attentive? (Check)
40. Do they seem to automatically know what you’re going to do? (Check)
41. How much do you love their personality? (Check)
42. Are they so proactive in life that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
43. How much do they like licking your hand? (Check)
44. Do they seem to have a natural curiosity? (Check)
45. Are their eyes constantly moving, scanning everything around them? (Check)
46. Are they so friendly that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
47. Do they always stand under the sun whenever possible? (Check)
48. Do they make funny noises when they eat? (Check)
49. How much do you love their playful nature? (Check)
50. Do they seem to have a very high metabolism? (Check)
51. How much do you love their funny quirks? (Check)
52. Are they so inquisitive that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
53. Are they full of energy, ready to go at any time? (Check)
54. How much do you love their enthusiasm for life? (Check)
55. Are they so happy that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
56. Are they so warm that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
57. How much do you love their innocence? (Check)
58. Do they seem eager to please? (Check)
59. Do they seem to have a lot of potential? (Check)
60. How much do you love their unbridled enthusiasm? (Check)
61. How much do you love their voice? (Check)
62. Do they seem to have a very high opinion of you? (Check)
63. Are they so funny that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
64. How much do you love their character? (Check)
65. Do they seem to have a soft and silky coat? (Check)
66. Are they so cuddly that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
67. How much do you love their fawning adoration? (Check)
68. Are they so innocent that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
69. Do they seem to have a slim and trim figure? (Check)
70. How much do you love their loyalty? (Check)
71. Do they seem to have a lot of self-confidence? (Check)
72. How much do you love their upbeat attitude? (Check)
73. Are they so thoughtful that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
74. Is their coat soft to the touch? (Check)
75. Do they seem very physically attractive to you? (Check)
76. How much do you love their respect for you? (Check)
77. Are they so polite that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
78. How much do you love their morals and values? (Check)
79. Do they have a nice smile? (Check)
80. How much do you love their appearance? (Check)
81. Are they very physically attractive to you? (Check)
82. How much do you love them in general? (Check)
83. Are they so intelligent that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
84. Do they seem to have a lot of drive and ambition? (Check)
85. How much do you love them as a person? (Check)
86. Are they so down to earth that you can’t help but love them? (Check)
87. Do they seem to have a lot of friends? (Check)
88. How much do you love them as a lover? (Check)
89. Does it seem like they’re in love with you? (Check)
90. Is it impossible for you to ever stop loving them? (Undecided)
You pause for a moment to collect your thoughts and feelings on the subject. When you finally do, you find that your answer is…
YES! you decide.
It’s impossible for you to ever stop loving Jake. He’s just too perfect for you. The best person you’ve ever met in your life.
After some thought, you realize that Jake isn’t just perfect for you in the context of love and relationships either. He’s also perfect for you in the sense that he can help you find success in your life as well.
When you think about it, Jake has accomplished more in his short life than you have in yours. He’s not just a successful musician, but also a successful artist.
He has an independent mind and the ability to do what he wants in life. He’s a free spirit, which is something you never could be. You’ve always had your parents on your back and now you have Victoria too. Jake doesn’t have anyone telling him what to do except for maybe himself.
You’re stuck in a rut while Jake’s shining example of independence is only driving you to pursue your dreams as well. If you’re going to find success in life, you need to leave this town, just as Jake did.
You need to drop out of college, just as Jake did. You need to pursue your dreams, just like Jake did.
“I’m leaving,” you suddenly blurt out to Jake during one of your visits.
He’s laying down on his cot with his hands tightly grasping his pillow. He peeks one eye open and slowly turns his head in your direction.
What’d you say?”
“I’m leaving,” you repeat. “I’m done with this town and I’m done with college.
It’s not for me. I need to find my own way in life and I think I know what that is.”
“OK,” Jake says as he sits up and begins to rub his eyes. “
So, what are you going to do?”
“I’m going to be just like you! I mean, you dropped out of college and pursued your dreams. I’m going to drop out of college and pursue my dreams too.”
Jake chuckles as he stands up and walks over to you.
You really want to give all this up? Your nice apartment, your car, your job, all of it?”
“Yes,” you say firmly.
Jake smiles as he puts a hand on your shoulder.
“Then do it,” he says encouragingly. “I did it when I was younger and I never looked back.
If you want to do it then do it. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.”
“Thanks, Jake,” you say with a smile. “I know I can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done, but I’m going to try.”
You suddenly throw your arms around Jake and give him a big hug. He seems taken back for a moment but then hugs you tightly.
“Thank you,” you say again as you release him from the hug.
“Think nothing of it kid,” he says with a smile. “Just remember to always follow your heart.”
Over the next few days, you prepare yourself to leave. You sell your car for a little cash and help Jake out around the house for a little extra.
Renee is sad to see you leave, but wishes you well and thanks you for being there for Jake as much as you were.
Sources & references used in this article:
Why did you choose this pet?: Adopters and pet selection preferences in five animal shelters in the United States by E Weiss, K Miller, H Mohan-Gibbons, C Vela – Animals, 2012 – mdpi.com
Choosing a Dog for Dummies by C Walkowicz – 2011 – books.google.com
Does subjective rating reflect behavioural coding? Personality in 2 month-old dog puppies: an open-field test and adjective-based questionnaire by S Barnard, S Marshall-Pescini, C Passalacqua… – PLoS …, 2016 – journals.plos.org
Puppy temperament assessments predict breed and American Kennel Club group but not adult temperament by LM Robinson, R Skiver Thompson… – Journal of Applied Animal …, 2016 – Taylor & Francis
Obtaining a pet: realistic expectations by A Marder, MM Duxbury – Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal …, 2008 – Elsevier
Acquiring a pet dog: A review of factors affecting the decision-making of prospective dog owners by KE Holland – Animals, 2019 – mdpi.com