Labrador Retriever Gifts: 20 Best Gifts For Labradors
1. Collar – A collar keeps your dog from chasing other dogs or people around.
You may purchase collars at pet stores, online shops, or even hardware stores. Some collars are made out of nylon while others are made out of leather and have a buckle attached to them so they can be worn on your belt.
2. Dog Food – If you want to feed your dog something healthy, then it is better if he gets some food that contains vitamin supplements.
Dogs need vitamins to keep their bodies strong and healthy. You can buy dog food at any grocery store or pharmacy.
Most of the time, you will find dog foods with no added ingredients such as chicken meal, fish meal, corn gluten meal, wheat flour and so on.
3. Toys – There are many different types of toys for your dog.
They include ball, squeaky toy, tug toy, jump rope and so on. You can buy these toys at pet stores or online shops.
4. Leash – Your dog needs a leash when he goes outside because he might get into trouble if he runs wild all over the place!
You can purchase leashes at pet stores or online shops.
5. Dog House – If you live in an area that experiences very cold temperatures during the winter, then you need to make sure your dog has a dog house to keep him warm.
You can buy these at pet stores or online shops.
6. Shampoo – Dogs need to have their fur washed just like people do.
You can purchase shampoo at pet stores or online shops.
7. Toothbrush – Just like people, dogs can get tartar and plaque on their teeth.
You need to brush their teeth so they do not get gum disease. You can purchase toothbrushes at pet stores or online shops.
8. Bowls – Dogs eat out of bowls just like people do.
You can purchase bowls at pet stores or online shops. They come in all different sizes and shapes.
It is best to buy stainless steel bowls that are brightly colored.
9. Sponges – Dogs sometimes get dirty and need to be cleaned.
You can use sponges to wipe off the dirt after you rinse them with water. You can purchase sponges at pet stores or online shops.
10. Dog Shampoo – You can buy dog shampoo at pet stores or online shops.
11. Grooming Kit – Most pet stores sell complete grooming kits that include combs, scissors, brushes, etc.
12. Nail Clippers – Dogs have toenails that need to be clipped just like people do.
If you do not clip them, they can get ingrown to where the skin grows over them causing a painful infection. You can purchase nail clippers at pet stores or online shops.
13. Toothpaste – People toothpaste can also be used on dogs to clean their teeth.
You can buy it at any pharmacy or grocery store.
14. Toothbrush – Like toothpaste, people toothbrushes can also be used on dogs.
You can buy them at any pharmacy or grocery store.
15. Dog Bowl Mat – If you feed your dog dry food, then you should get a mat that he can eat off of.
They are made out of rubber or plastic and are placed under the bowl to keep the floor from getting soaked in water and/or food. These can be found at pet stores or online shops.
16. Waste Bags – If you use a walking route that has no dog waste receptacles on it, then you are going to need something to put the dog waste in before throwing it in the garbage after you get home.
You can purchase waste bags at pet stores or online shops.
17. Canned Dog Food – Some dogs may refuse to eat dry food no matter how good it is for them.
In such cases, you can try giving them canned food. Many different brands of canned food can be found at pet stores and online shops.
18. Dry Dog Food – Dry dog food can keep your dog from getting intestinal worms because the dry food absorbs moisture from the stool before the eggs of such parasites can get into the environment and hatch out.
Many different brands of dry food can be found at pet stores and online shops.
19. Dog Toys – Most dogs need something to keep them busy and their minds occupied.
They need toys to play with, such as chew toys or toys they can fetch. You can buy dog toys at pet stores and online shops.
20. Poop Bags – It is important that you pick up your dog’s poop after he goes so you do not leave a mess for others to step in or to litter the area with.
You can buy waste bags at pet stores and online shops.
21. Waste Pickup Service – Some communities have waste pickup services that pick up the dog waste from receptacles placed on walking routes.
You can identify such a service by putting a bag in a receptacle made especially for that purpose. You can identify these by looking for the logo of the local waste pickup service.
22. Dog Walker Service – If you have a job that keeps you away from home during the day and do not have anyone to watch your dog, then you can hire a dog walker.
These services are much like baby-sitters, except they walk the dog instead of watching it in the home. These services may be advertised online or in the Yellow Pages.
23. Dog Walker – If you do not have money to pay a dog walker, you can always walk your dog yourself as long as you have enough time to do it.
Dogs need to be walked at least once every day. If you want to save even more money, you can consider walking your dog on your lunch break from work.
24. Neighbors – If you have friendly neighbors, then you can always ask them if they will watch your dog while you are away.
As a bonus, this gives you the opportunity to socialize your dog to his environment.
25. Friends and Family – If you have any friends or family who live in the area, then you can ask them if they will watch your dog while you are away.
This also provides an opportunity for your dog to get to know his surroundings better.
26. Dog-sitting Sites – There are many online sites where you can register your dog and yourself and search for others in the area who are also registered.
Then you can contact them and arrange to have your dog watched by theirs while you are away.
27. Breeders – If you adopt a dog from a breeder, many times they will have a list of recommendations of people in the area who have the same breed.
Contacting these people can provide you with a list of dog walkers or dog daycare centers.
Preparing Your Home For Your New Dog
It is important to prepare your home for your new dog before picking him up from the airport. This will make the transition into his new home easier for him and for you.
There are some items you should purchase prior to bringing your dog home, and others you can do while sitting at home waiting for him to arrive.
The items you should purchase in advance are:
1. Food – You should buy a month’s worth of food for your dog.
If you have never had a dog before, you should probably buy the food that the breeder recommended. Ask the breeder for a bag of his old food so that you can observe your dog’s reaction to it.
Does he eat it right away?
Does he turn his nose up at it?
Sources & references used in this article:
Maine Campus December 12 1986 by MC Staff – 1986 – digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu
And so it goes: Kurt Vonnegut: A life by CJ Shields – 2011 – books.google.com
Fallen behind: Canada’s Access to Information Act in the world context by SL Tromp – 2008 – Citeseer
Brand Jesus: Christianity in a consumerist age by TW Stevenson – 2007 – books.google.com
206 Bones: A Novel by K Reichs – 2009 – books.google.com
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius by I Reed – 2000 – Dalkey Archive Press
Accepted For Chapel by M Cerasini, JA Davis, S Oedekerk – 2001 – books.google.com