Raw Diet for Dogs – Pros & Cons
The following are some of the benefits of feeding your dog a raw diet:
1) You can feed your dog fresh meat from any source.
If it’s not safe to eat, then don’t feed it! (See #2)
2) There is no need to worry about contamination with harmful bacteria or parasites.
All pathogens have been destroyed during cooking and processing. No risk at all!
3) You can feed your dog a variety of meats and organs, which are less likely to cause health problems than processed foods.
4) You can feed your dog a high quality diet without worrying about the cost of buying commercial pet food.
Most raw diets are very affordable compared to commercial pet foods. They’re also much healthier!
There are many advantages to feeding your dogs a raw diet:
1) Less expensive than purchasing commercial pet food!
2) More nutritious and healthy.
3) Better taste!
If you have any questions regarding feeding your dog a raw diet, please feel free to contact us today!
Article Source: (LINK REMOVED)
Incoming raw dog food diet plan search terms:
Sources & references used in this article:
Preliminary assessment of the risk of Salmonella infection in dogs fed raw chicken diets by DJ Joffe, DP Schlesinger – The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 2002 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Raw food diets in companion animals: a critical review by DP Schlesinger, DJ Joffe – The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 2011 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Raw meaty bones by T Lonsdale – 2001 – books.google.com
Raw meat-based diets for dogs: survey of owners’ motivations, attitudes and practices by G Morelli, S Bastianello, P Catellani, R Ricci – BMC veterinary research, 2019 – Springer